Kilawing Puso ng Saging, Filipino recipe of banana heart cooked in vinegar with chillies and pork
- 1 large banana heart/blossom, chopped
- 1 cup pork belly, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cane vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- green chillies, sliced (according to your liking)
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Soak chopped banana heart/blossom in water with 3 tbsp salt for 15 minutes. Drain then then press to remove excess liquid.
- In a wok add oil then brown pork belly.
- Add and sauté garlic and onions
- Add the banana heart/blossoms and stir fry 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and vinegar bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add green chillies then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes in low heat.
- Remove from wok then serve.