Champorado is a sweet and creamy chocolate rice pudding in Philippines, a very popular breakfast item which originated from Mexico.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or 4 pcs of tablea
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups hot water
- condensed milk
- powdered milk (optional)
- In a bowl combine 1 cup water and cocoa powder / tablea, mix well until it dissolves.
- In a pot add 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add the glutinous rice and let it continuously boil for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the diluted cocoa powder then stir to combine.
- Continue to cook for 15 more minutes in low heat while occasionally stirring.
- Add sugar and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from pot then serve hot, either with powdered milk or condensed milk.