Callos, a Filipino Recipe of slow cooked stew that is made out of beef tripe cooked with pork leg, chick peas, tomatoes, paprika and Chorizo
- 500 g Ox Tripe, precooked, cleaned and cut into 1.5 x .5 in strips
- 1 small pork leg, cut into sections
- 3 pcs chorizo, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 2 red capsicums, cubed
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 4 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 5 cups of beef stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 1 whole red onion, chopped
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- fried garlic
- olive oil
- In a pot sauté garlic and onions in olive oil, cook until garlic is golden brown.
- Add pork then brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes and 4 cups of beef stock. Bring to a boil and slowly simmer for 1 hrs. Add more beef stock if necessary.
- Remove the pork leg, separate the bones and slice meat into strip. Place meat and bone back into the pot.
- Add the tripe, chorizo, tomato paste, bay leaf, chickpeas, soy sauce, paprika and simmer in low heat for 30-45 more minutes or until meat is really tender.
- Remove the bone then add capsicums, season it with fish sauce and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve and top with fried garlic.
Sounds amazing! Thanks!
This looks stunning x