Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa, Filipino Recipe of Squash and String Beans cooked in Coconut Cream Sauce
- 400g Pork belly, sliced into small cubes
- 1/2 medium sized butternut, cubed
- 1 bunch string beans, sliced into 2 inch pcs
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsp bagoong monamon
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 pcs finger chillies, chopped
- In a wok, heat up oil and brown pork pieces.
- Now add garlic, onion and chillies then sauté for a minute.
- Add butternut and string beans and stir fry until there’s a little bit of browning on the butternut.
- Add coconut milk, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bagoong monamon and simmer for additional 2 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.