Bacon Mushroom Mozzarella Melt Panini, crispy bacon, melting mozzarella and and earthy mushroom sandwiched in a grilled Italian flat bread
- 4 pcs Panini
- 8 pcs streaky bacon
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 250 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dozen white button mushrooms, sliced
- In a non-stick pan add a small amount of oil then cook bacon pieces until crispy. Once cooked, remove from pan then set them aside to cool down. Once cooled down and crispy, roughly chop them and set them aside.
- Drain oil from pan leaving a small amount to cook your mushrooms. Place pan back in the stove top then cook the mushrooms. Once cooked, remove from pan then set them aside.
- Prepare your paninis, slice them in the middle like a sandwich. Place a layer of mozzarella, parmesan, bacon, onion, mushroom and another layer of mozzarella. Press the bread firmly to flatten then set aside.
- Prepare a stove top grill or a ribbed sandwich press, once hot place your filled paninis. Grill until cheese melts.