Wat Tan Hor Fun is a Malaysian noodle dish made out of rice noodles, choysum and mixed seafood served in a starchy sauce
- 500g fresh Hor Fun / Thick Flat Rice Noodles
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- 12 pcs prawns, shelled and deveined
- 12 pcs fish cake or balls, thinly sliced
- 2 pcs large squid, sliced
- 200g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch choy sum
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp corn flour dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- Pickled Green Chillies
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add noodles, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and freshly ground black pepper; stir fry in high heat for 2 minutes. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Using the same wok add oil then fry chicken pieces and fish balls until brown. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Add prawns and squid then stir fry for a minute. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Add and sauté then garlic.
- Pour in the chicken stock then add the light soy sauce, chicken, fish balls and flour mixture, cook until sauce thickens.
- Add choy sum, prawns and squid then season gravy with fish sauce.
- Add beaten eggs and sesame oil, give it a good mix then remove from heat.
- Pour gravy over cooked noodles. Serve with pickled green chillies.