Liver Steak is a Filipino dish which consists of pan fried liver served in a soy sauce and lemon gravy a very close cousin to a dish called Bistek Tagalog
- 700g Pork or Beef Liver, sliced thinly
- 2 large white onions, sliced to form onion rings
- 3 large lemons
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup beef stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- Marinate pork liver in 1/2 cup soy sauce, lemon juice from 2 lemons, pepper and salt. Marinate for 3 hours.
- Drain liver in a colander and set aside, before frying make sure it’s in room temperature and thoroughly drained. Pat with paper tower if desired.
- In a pan, heat oil and pan fry marinated pork liver for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Remove liver from pan then set aside, now using the same pan sauté onions do not overcook.
- Mix cornstarch in water, beef stock and 1/2 cup soy sauce then pour in the pan, bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce boils, squeeze 1 large lemon juice, season with salt and freshly ground pepper then turn off the heat. Set aside.
- On a plate arrange liver then pour the sauce on top