Carbonara or Pasta alla Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish that consists of eggs, cheese, bacon and black pepper.
- 250 g fettuccini or spaghetti noodles
- 6 pcs rasher bacon, roughly chopped
- 250 g sliced button mushrooms
- 250 ml cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- grated parmesan
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta less 2 minutes according to packet instructions.
- In a pan add oil then fry bacon pieces until crispy. Remove everything from the pan including the oil, drain bacon then set aside.
- Add some bacon oil back to the pan then sauté garlic and onions, cook until onions are soft.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for two minutes, adding bacon oil if needed.
- Turn heat on high then add cooked pasta, cream, white wine and bacon then bring it to a boil.
- Turn off heat then add beaten eggs, lots of grated parmesan and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and let the residual heat cook the beaten eggs.
- Serve immediately and top with grated parmesan cheese.