Dinakdakan, broiled pork ears and cheeks served in mayonnaise dressing with onions, ginger and chillies, a perfect beer match
- 500g pork cheeks
- 500g pork ears (use only the thickest parts near the head)
- 1 thumb sized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded with skin on
- 4 pcs birds eye chillies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 pcs bay leaf
- sliced green chillies to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add pork, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, bay leaf and salt. Pour water enough for boiling the meat. Cover the pot then bring to a boil, simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is really tender
- Remove from pot then drain pork pieces.
- Place meat into a grilling pan then grill until charred and partly crispy.
- Cut pork pieces into small pieces then place on a mixing bowl. Toss in ginger, chillies, onions, freshly ground black pepper, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt.
- Place in a large platter then serve.