Insarabasab, Sarabasab or Ilocano Style Sisig is an Ilocano dish made out of chopped flame grilled pork mixed with chillies, onions, vinegar and other spices
- 1 kilo pork belly or pork shoulder, sliced into 2 cm thick pieces
- 3 tbsp sukang Ilocos or white vinegar
- 2 pcs red onions, chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 red chillies, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- In a covered container combine calamansi juice/lemon juice, garlic and salt together, add pork making sure it’s well coated. Cover container then let it marinate overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal grill, place pork on top of grill until it’s cooked. Let the charcoal flame once in a while as it adds flavour to the pork.
- Remove pork from grill then chop them into small pieces.
- Place in a serving platter mixed with the remaining ingredients.