Poqui Poqui dish looks funny and even sounds funny (for Filipino’s it even sounds funnier) but don’t be deceived by its looks as this is one amazing recipe
- 4 Asian eggplants
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook Asian eggplants over a charcoal grill or just on stove tops until skin is charred. Let it cool then peel off the skin, roughly chop then set aside.
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add eggplants then cook for 3-4 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper then pour the beaten eggs, cook for 2 minutes or until eggs are set and still moist.
- Serve while hot, BTW I love this with sukang Ilocos (Vinegar)