When I tried this Japanese Mushroom, Tofu and Vermicelli Soup I was surprised, it was so damn tasty the umami flavour lingers in your mouth it becomes so addictive, honestly I can replace any chicken soup with this one
- 8 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 75 g fresh enoki mushrooms or 400 g can enoki mushrooms (drained)
- 1 block soft tofu, cubed
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 6 in strip Kombu
- 5 cups chicken stock (For vegetarians you can use a good vegetable stock)
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp yellow miso paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- sea salt
- Place dried shiitake mushrooms in a mug then fill it up with 1 cup of boiling water. Set it aside for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are fully rehydrated. Remove mushrooms from mug then thinly slice them, set aside and reserve soaking liquid.
- In a pot combine together soaking liquid, chicken stock, Kombu, soy sauce, yellow miso paste, mirin and sake then bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes in low heat.
- Add sliced shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms and vermicelli, bring back to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu then simmer for 3 more minutes. Season with sea salt if needed.
- Scoop in bowls then serve with hot, garnish with spring onions.
I can tell that this is soooo good by simply looking at it. Thanks.
Can’t wait to try It! Looks awesome thanks for sharing.
Look great I love it thanks for sharing !!!
This looks so earthy and delicious Raymund.
Love the light and fresh flavors that this gives off! Thanks for sharing!
So this is more like a miso soup? I’ve never tried miso soup with vermicelli in it. It sounds delightful~~~. 🙂
It is something like miso soup but tastier
That is a fantastic stock Ray – I can’t find dried kombu too easily here…but I am off to Japan in a few weeks so will look out for some to bring back with me ! 🙂
Hi, Raymund, I’m excited to try this! I clicked on the stars to read the reviews and instead ended up rating the recipe. Is there a way for me to un-do that? Thanks!
Unfortunately no, the polling system is served by Polldaddy will see if I can undo it but I doubt it. Anyways that should be fine, let me know how your trial turns up.