Panzanella or panmolle is an Italian summer salad popular in Tuscany, it is commonly made out of stale bread, tomatoes, onions and basil dressed in balsamic viniagrette
- 1/2 focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 200g fresh mozzarella cheese, roughly torn
- handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 12–15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Place cubed focaccia in a baking tray then lightly drizzle it with olive oil. Season with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper then place in a 190C preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown in colour. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Combine focaccia cubes, tomatoes, onion, mozzarella cheese and basil in a salad bowl then toss to combine.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette on salad then serve.