Tom Yum Talay or Thai Seafood Soup is a hot and sour soup made out of mixed seafood like fish, prawns, mussels and squid to name some, it is then flavoured by different spices and herbs
- 12 pcs large prawns
- 12 pcs large mussels
- 500g white fish fillet, cubed (monk fish, snapper, grouper, etc.)
- 15 pcs straw mushrooms, sliced in half
- 3 cups clam stock or seafood stock
- 3 cups water
- juice from 3 limes
- 4 pcs kaffir lime leaf
- 6 thin slices galangal
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only
- 3 pcs tomato, sliced in wedges
- 1 red onion, quartered
- sea salt or fish sauce
- red chillies, sliced
- coriander to garnish
- In a pot combine clam stock/seafood stock, water, straw mushrooms, galangal, lemongrass and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add mussels, fish, prawns, lime juice, kaffir lime leaf, and chillies. Continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, season with sea salt/fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then turn heat off.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander.