Ginataang Kamoteng Kahoy or Cassava in Coconut Cream is a simple concoction of Yucca Root peeled and cleaned then cooked in coconut milk with palm sugar
- 500 g Yucca, peeled, cleaned and cut into 2 inch sections
- 1 can coconut milk
- 150 g palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In small pot place cassava and add water just to barely cover everything. Bring it to a boil and cook in medium heat until slightly tender this might take around 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and palm sugar then bring heat to high. Let it boil uncovered and continue to cook for 10 minutes, making sure not to overcook them or else they will fall apart.
- Carefully remove the yucca and set them aside, at this stage you can further reduce the liquid to a thicker consistency if you want otherwise leave it as is.
- Serve yucca with the coconut cream sauce.