Sweet Corn Ice Cream is one of the popular ice cream flavours in the Philippines, its is a made creamed corn and sweet corn in a vanilla ice cream base.
- 2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can 400g creamed corn
- 4 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- In a sauce pan combine cream, milk, creamed corn and sugar. Heat slowly while continuously mixing until it reaches nearly boiling point (do not boil) and sugar is completely dissolved
- Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl then slowly pour around a cup of the heated cream mixture while whisking.
- Pour egg mixture to the sauce pan then continue to heat while continuously mixing. Dip a tablespoon and see if liquid sticks to the back side, if it does then you can now turn the heat off.
- Place in a heat proof container and let it cool down, once cooled down place in the fridge for at least four hours.
- Prepare your ice cream maker and pour the cream mixture. Churn according to ice cream manufacturer’s instruction. Mine took 30-35 minutes.
- You can now eat the ice cream at this stage, but if you prefer a firm ice cream freeze for at least 6 hours.