Chewy Almond Roca Cookie Bars is an “Ang Sarap” original creation made out of Almond Roca and chocolate chips in a cookie bar form, its soft and chewy perfect with a cup of coffee.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 10 pcs Almond Roca, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Combine melted butter, soft brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix it well until smooth in consistency.
- Add the eggs one at time while mixing at the lowest setting.
- Sift together baking powder, espresso powder and flour then combine it with the butter mixture. Continue to mix using the hand mixer but to not over work it.
- Once consistency is even fold in the almond Roca, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Pour mixture and spread in a greased 9 x 9 inch baking pan. Smoothen top with a wet spatula.
- Place in the oven then bake it in a 180C preheated oven for 30 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. The centre needs to be wet that is totally fine this will continue to cook and harden. If you leave it longer it will dry out and will yield a not so chewy texture.
- Remove from oven then flatten it while still hot, the thickness should be even across the whole baked cookie bars, leave it overnight in room temperature before cutting then serve.