Chocnut is a crushed peanut and chocolate bars similar to the texture of a fine polvoron and this is what this Chocnut Ice Cream is made of.
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 18 pcs Chocnut
- 1/4 cup finely ground roasted peanuts (you can use food processor to make these)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- In a sauce pan combine cream, milk, 10 pcs of chocnut, ground peanuts, cocoa powder and sugar. Heat slowly while continuously mixing until it reaches nearly boiling point (do not boil) and sugar is completely dissolved
- Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl then slowly pour around a cup of the heated cream mixture while whisking.
- Pour egg mixture to the sauce pan then continue to heat while continuously mixing. Dip a tablespoon and see if liquid sticks to the back side, if it does then you can now turn the heat off.
- Place remaining 8 Chocnut pieces in the freezer and let it freeze for at least four hours.
- Place in a heat proof container and let it cool down, once cooled down place in the fridge for at least four hours.
- Prepare your ice cream maker, pour the cream mixture then churn according to ice cream manufacturer’s instruction. Mine took 30-35 minutes.
- Roughly chop frozen chocnut pieces then gently fold it into the ice cream mixture. You can now eat the ice cream at this stage, but if you prefer a firm ice cream freeze for at least 6 hours.