Chilli Cheese Dog is a dish made out of hotdogs in buns topped with chilli con carne and cheese, a very popular fast food in areas of America where there is a large Mexican-American population like California, Texas and Arizona.
- 6 hotdog buns
- 6 hotdogs, frankfurters or sausages
- chilli con carne
- grated cheddar cheese
- chopped white onions
- To make a really soft hotdog buns similar to what you buy on streets, place buns in a steamer and steam for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the hotdogs, best it to slowly pan fry it with little oil.
- Cook the chilli con carne, instructions here.
- Assemble the chilli dog by placing hotdogs on bun, then top with onions, chilli con carne and grated cheddar cheese.