I love this Chopped Salad with Bacon and Fried Garbanzo Beans Salad, all the ingredients in this matches well together from the crisp bacon to the salty feta.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, trimmed and sliced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 5 slices streaky bacon
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- In a bowl toss together garbanzo beans, cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place skillet over medium heat stove top then add 1/3 cup of olive oil, once oil is hot fry garbanzo beans until crispy. It will take roughly 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet then set aside.
- Discard oil from the skillet then fry bacon until crispy, let it cool then chop it into small pieces then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add and toss gently lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and feta.
- Transfer in a salad plate, drizzle some ranch dressing over the top then garnish with bacon and crispy fried garbanzo beans