Pork, Shiitake and Edamame in Coconut Cream Sauce is another unique creation here at Ang Sarap, like the name suggest it is a dish made out of pork cooked in coconut milk.
- 600 g pork belly, cubed
- 5 pcs shiitake mushrooms
- 10 pcs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add oil then brown pork pieces on all sides.
- Remove from pot then sauté garlic, ginger paste and shallots.
- Bring the pork back the pot then add two cups of coconut milk, bring it to a boil then simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the two cups of remaining coconut milk, mushroom, edamame and cayenne pepper. Bring to a light boil then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with rice.