Pork, Shiitake and Edamame in Coconut Cream Sauce is another unique creation here at Ang Sarap, like the name suggest it is a dish made out of pork cooked in coconut milk.
- 600 g pork belly, cubed
- 5 pcs shiitake mushrooms
- 10 pcs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add oil then brown pork pieces on all sides.
- Remove from pot then sauté garlic, ginger paste and shallots.
- Bring the pork back the pot then add two cups of coconut milk, bring it to a boil then simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the two cups of remaining coconut milk, mushroom, edamame and cayenne pepper. Bring to a light boil then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with rice.
Pretty yummy for just pantry supplies. Some of the best dishes are ones that are unplanned. Take care, BAM
This sounds delicious and like something for everyone in my house. The mushrooms and pork sold me. The edamame and coconut would win over the kids. Have a great weekend Raymund!
You always do the best things with pork belly and this is no exception.
The coconut cream is the bomb! This dish is so uniquely delicious! Mushrooms and pork infused with coconut flavour! Can imagine how decadent it must taste!
This sounds so great! I feel like a lot people I know shy away from cooking pork, so it’s nice to see this yummy post up.
I’m getting hungry, lovely photo 🙂
This looks like pretty delicious freestyle!
What a rich and tasty looking dish! 3 cups coconut cream! I’m sold!
Pork, mushrooms, and coconut…Oh, please sign me in!!! This sounds amazing!!!
will make this for my boyfriend 🙂 he’s starting to like mushrooms~
u’re amazing! hehe hope magka-magazine ka para mabasa nang lahat 😀
Salamat sa napakandang comment 🙂
much obliged 🙂
I have found frozen edamame at my local supermarket and love to find news ways to include them in my diet – thanks !