Pad Thai is a Thai dish made out of stir fried rice noodles flavoured with fish sauce, tamarind juice, chilli peppers garnished with bean sprouts & shrimps
Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ground white pepper
- 400 g Pad Thai noodles
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 large block tofu, sliced
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- coriander, chopped
- lime wedges
- chillies, sliced
- In a large bowl pour enough boiling water to soak your rice noodles, soak them until it is just soft, around 5 minutes. Drain then rinse with cold water then set aside.
- Combine all Pad Thai Sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce in a separate bowl then add the chicken.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add the chicken then stir fry in high heat until cooked.
- Add the eggs, scramble it on the pan then cook for 1 minute, mashing it in the process.
- Add the noodles, chives, Pad Thai sauce and prawns, gently toss while cooking for 3 minutes in high heat.
- Add tofu and bean sprouts then cook for 1 more minute.
- Place noodles in a serving plate, then garnish with chopped roasted peanuts, coriander, and lime wedges.