Pad Thai is a Thai dish made out of stir fried rice noodles flavoured with fish sauce, tamarind juice, chilli peppers garnished with bean sprouts & shrimps
Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ground white pepper
- 400 g Pad Thai noodles
- 300 g shrimps, deveined
- 2 cups chopped chicken thighs
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 3 eggs, scrambled and sliced
- lime wedges
- chillies, sliced
- In a large bowl pour enough boiling water to soak your rice noodles, soak them until it is just soft ready for stir frying. Drain then rinse with cold water then set aside.
- Combine all Pad Thai Sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce in a separate bowl then add the chicken.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add the chicken then stir fry until cooked.
- Add the noodles, Pad Thai sauce and prawns, gently toss while cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts then cook for 1 more minute or until noodles are cooked (Al dente texture)
- Place noodles in a serving plate, then garnish with chopped roasted peanuts, spring onions, scrambled eggs and lime wedges.