Biko is a rice cake made out of glutinous rice cooked in coconut milk and palm sugar then topped with caramel, latik (a type of reduced coconut cream)
- In a pot combine all rice cake ingredients apart from the banana leaves, bring it to a boil while constantly stirring, then continue simmer while constantly stirring for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is fully absorbed by the rice.
- Line a rectangular dish (11 x 7 x 2 in) with banana leaves then pour the cooked rice mixture, flatten and distribute evenly across the dish.
- On a sauce pan over combine the coconut milk and palm sugar, cook in medium heat wilt constantly stirring until the liquid has reduced in half.
- Pour and spread the topping evenly into the rice mixture and bake on a 180C pre-heated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving.