Calamari Marinara is a pasta dish made out of squid cooked in rich sauce of tomato, garlic, onions and herbs.
- 500 g spaghetti
- 500 g squid tubes, sliced into rings
- 2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup clam stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small red capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- In a large pan heat olive oil then sauté garlic and onions, once onions are soft and translucent add capsicum and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, clam stock, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, bay leaves and cayenne bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes in medium heat.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions, drain then set aside.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then add the squid, cook for 3-5 minutes or until squid is just cooked. Turn heat off.
- Place cooked spaghetti on a large plate then top it with the sauce, garnish with chopped parsley then serve.