Ginisang Bunga ng Malunggay is a Filipino vegetable dish made out of sauteed moringa fruit, sweet potaotes and pork in tomatoes.
- around 15 pcs malunggay (moringa) fruit
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup cooked patani (lima beans)
- 300 g pork belly, sliced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cup pork stock
- 1 pc large tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- Prepare your moringa fruit by splitting it lengthwise then slicing them further in the middle resulting into quarters. Gently scrape the pulp to separate it with the tough skin making sure you get it in one long strip. Do it with the remaining then cut them into two inch sections.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and onion.
- Add pork belly then cook and brown all sides for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Add water, malunggay fruit, lima beans and sweet potato. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve.