Bah Kut Teh is a Chinese soup dish made out of meaty pork ribs slowly simmered in herbs and spices such as star anise, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, garlic, wolfberries, dried dates, dried chillies, dried squid and even ginseng.
Bah Kut Teh
- 1 kg pork ribs
- 2 whole garlic
- 8 pcs dried Shitake mushrooms
- 1 packet Bak Kut Teh herbs and spice mix good for 1 kilo of meat
- 1 dozen tofu puffs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ground white pepper
- Youtiao, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- Green Chillies in Vinegar
- In a pot add pork ribs, fill it with enough water until it covers the ribs. Bring to a boil and remove any scum that rises to the top.
- Add the garlic, Shitake, Bak Kut Teh herb and spice packet, tofu puffs, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce. Simmer for 1.5 hrs.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper then serve.