This Chocolate Glazed Donuts are surprisingly similar to those you can buy from the popular doughnut chains, its light, fluffy and soft.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 3/4 cups warm milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp shortening
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Mix well together yeast and warm water in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, sugar, salt, shortening, eggs and half of the flour. Using a mixer combine everything together until evenly mixed.
- Add the remaining flour then mix until smooth, texture will be sticky at this point. Cover bowl with cling wrap then let it rise for an hour in a warm place.
- Place dough in a well-floured board, dust the top with flour as well. Using a rolling pin flatten the dough gently until it is half inch thick. Do not press too hard.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter then place in a floured baking pan; let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer at 180C, of if you are using pan heat oil in medium heat, then put in low when you are ready to fry.
- Drop doughnuts into the oil one or two at a time. Cook quickly around 30-45 seconds on one side then flip to the other side and cook for 30-45 more seconds, it should be golden brown in colour if not cook a little bit further.
- Remove from fryer then place it on a paper lined tray.
- Place all Chocolate Topping ingredients in a double boiler then let chocolate melt, mix well until smooth in texture
- Dip cooked doughnuts in the chocolate glaze then set aside.