This Chinese Beef and Tomatoes is really easy to prepare all you need is beef, tomatoes and green bell peppers, cooking is quick too so if you are in a hurry I suggest you make this.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 600g rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, cubed (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- spring onions, sliced
- Mix all marinade ingredients together, add beef making sure marinade is distributed evenly. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together, set aside.
- Place wok in a high heat, add oil then quickly stir fry beef for 3-4 minutes, if you have a small wok do this in batches to avoid overcrowding. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add and stir fry green capsicum (if using) for a minute.
- Pour mixed sauce and tomatoes then bring it to a boil.
- Once sauce starts to thicken add the cooked beef and spring onions, mix well to distribute sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, you can also make it sweeter to desired taste.