This is one of the simplest dish you can make Bok Choy and Shiitake in Sesame Oil, its so simple, affordable, definitely delicious and healthy
- 1 packet bok choy, chopped
- 4 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rehydrate dried shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup hot water.
- Drain mushrooms reserving the liquid, slice thinly then set aside.
- In a pot boil enough water to blanch the bok choy, once boiling place bok choy and leave it there for 30 seconds. Remove from heat then rinse with cold running water then drain.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic in medium heat.
- Add mushrooms then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water used for rehydrating the mushrooms and 2 tsp cornstarch.
- Turn heat to high then add the bok choy into the wok, stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour mushroom and cornstarch mixture then bring it to a boil, while boiling season it with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn heat of then drizzle sesame oil on top then sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds, serve.