This is one of the simplest dish you can make Bok Choy and Shiitake in Sesame Oil, its so simple, affordable, definitely delicious and healthy
- 1 packet bok choy, chopped
- 4 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rehydrate dried shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup hot water.
- Drain mushrooms reserving the liquid, slice thinly then set aside.
- In a pot boil enough water to blanch the bok choy, once boiling place bok choy and leave it there for 30 seconds. Remove from heat then rinse with cold running water then drain.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic in medium heat.
- Add mushrooms then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water used for rehydrating the mushrooms and 2 tsp cornstarch.
- Turn heat to high then add the bok choy into the wok, stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour mushroom and cornstarch mixture then bring it to a boil, while boiling season it with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn heat of then drizzle sesame oil on top then sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds, serve.
A reblogué ceci sur My veggie experienceet a ajouté:
Cooking with bok choy tonight! Delicious!
I am all over this one Raymund! It will be a perfect week night meal with some rice. I love it. I’ve never been a big fan of greens – but with mushrooms and sesame oil, I’m totally game!
I love bok choy. This looks perfect.
I love bok choy and shiitake. So flavorful 🙂
Beautiful. A subtle but flavorful combination!
One can never have enough green leafy vegetable recipes! Love them one for bok choy! Right next to Swiss chard, it’s our favorite. Thanks for sharing!
Yay!! This is one of my favorite combination when I eat bok choy! You made it look so delicious (mine doesn’t look that nice…;)).
This looks really delicious! I can’t wait to try the recipe!
Looks amazing! next time I buy shiitake mushrooms I’ll give this recipe a try. Thank you!