Lechon Fried Rice is a good way to use your leftover lechon, an all in one meal in a bowl complete with you carbs, protein and a bit of vegetables.
- 5 cups cold leftover rice
- 2 cups leftover Lechon Kawali or Roasted Lechon
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- If you are using white meat from the roasted lechon, deep fry it first to have a crispy texture.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add the leftover meats then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and corn, bring heat to high and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas then stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Push the rice on the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle then pour the eggs, cook eggs until nearly dry then quickly mix it with the rice mixture.
- Add the spring onions stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Fried rice is such a staple at our house, however will have to remember to deep fry the pork first to give it that crunchy flavour next time. So no soya sauce in your fried rice?
No soy sauce, the fat from the pork belly gives enough flavour for the rice.
Rice and pork together? Please, sign me in…I would love to have more than one bowl of it!!!
Oh my gosh! This looks delicious!!!!!! I got so hungry suddenly when I saw this. Your foods look so utterly good. I cannot figure what to do first.
LOVE IT. Just like when I was growing up!
Fried rice is my number one favourite way to use up leftover rice. Though I’m not sure there has ever been such a thing as leftover roast pork in my house.
wow, sinsfully delicious Ray!!!
Oh, for some leftover pork. 🙂
Who would ever have 2 cups of LEFTOVER lechon ?? 🙂 I love the tip of frying them before you add in the other ingredients. Crunchy pigginess at its best.
I am so so hungry!! Loving your food photos so so much 🙂