Lechon Fried Rice is a good way to use your leftover lechon, an all in one meal in a bowl complete with you carbs, protein and a bit of vegetables.
- 5 cups cold leftover rice
- 2 cups leftover Lechon Kawali or Roasted Lechon
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- If you are using white meat from the roasted lechon, deep fry it first to have a crispy texture.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add the leftover meats then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and corn, bring heat to high and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas then stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Push the rice on the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle then pour the eggs, cook eggs until nearly dry then quickly mix it with the rice mixture.
- Add the spring onions stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season salt and freshly ground black pepper.