Petit Pois ala Francaise is a classic French dish that is made out of peas, lettuce and bacon in a rich butter and ham stock gravy.
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 small butter lettuce, chopped
- 12 pcs pearl onions
- 1/3 cup ham stock (you can do this by boiling ham bones)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place onions in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes then drain and peel. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan add butter and onions, cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add peas and stock then bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, shredded lettuce and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.