Chickpea, Feta and Avocado Salad
Having some extra or leftover feta cheese is handy especially when you want to make some salad, it’s such a good ingredient to add as it gives that creamy salty texture that enhances the flavour of any salad. Several weeks ago I have half a block of these and thought why not toss it together with some avocadoes and chickpeas, this is the result.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 50g feta cheese, cubed
- chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine together juice of 1 lime, olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a salad bowl combine rest of the remaining ingredients lightly toss then dress with olive oil and lime mixture.