Asparagus and Mushroom Stir Fry
Asparagus season is nearly coming to an end here in New Zealand so before that happens I will be sharing an easy stir fry recipe which uses this wonderful vegetable, you can pair this with any meats or with rice.
- 1 large bunch asparagus, cut into 2 inch strips
- 5 pcs shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- ¾ cup water used for rehydrating mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In bowl combine ½ cup water, oyster sauce and cornstarch. Mix well then set aside.
- Prepare a wok, add oil and turn heat to medium. Add the ginger and garlic, stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus and shiitake then stir fry for 1 minute. Pour the remaining ¼ cup of water then cover, let the steam cook the asparagus until it dries out.
- Remove the wok cover then add onions and red capsicum, stir fry for a minute.
- Pour the prepared sauce then stir, cook while continuously stirring making sure vegetables are coated with the sauce.
- Turn heat off then season with freshly ground black pepper, drizzle sesame oil on top then serve.