Greek Salad or Horiatiki as the name suggests is a popular salad in Greek cuisine. Usually this salad is made out of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thick and cut into half
- 2 pcs large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup dozen kalamata olives
- 100g feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 green capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients together in a bowl then whisk to combine.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad then toss gently, Serve.
I have to say that a Greek salad is my favorite salad…it is so flavorful.
I have to say that is a very nice salad for New Years
Greek salads in Greece are the best. I like them with a big slab of feta cheese and fresh oregano with freshly pressed olive oil drizzled on top,
Great looking Greek Salad Raymund! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful New Year!
Greek salad is one of my favs! Saving this. 🙂
This is one of my favorite salads. Must make this one again soon. Happy New Year!