Try this fool proof Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, trust me this will be the best version you will ever make.
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 packet cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- pumpkin seeds
- dried apricots
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease a 9 inch diameter cake pan.
- In a bowl mix together eggs, butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together dry and wet mixture then once it has an even consistency add carrots, walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into the baking pan then bake for 1 to 1.5 hrs. or when the middle part is already cooked. On the first hour try to check the middle part with a skewer, it should come out dry, if not try checking every 10 minutes. Once it comes out clean then remove the cake from the oven.
- Once cooked let it cool before applying your icing.
- To make the icing just mix all of the Cream Cheese Icing ingredients except for the lemon zest in a bowl and using a hand mixer beat until mixture is smooth. I used 2/3 cup but you can adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding 1/3 cup at a time. Note I used less compared to what I saw online and I liked the flavour well, it’s a good contrast to the sweet taste of the carrot cake and saltiness of the cream cheese.
- Coat the carrot cake with the icing then top it with pumpkin seeds and dried apricots.