No Bake Lemon Squares is a type of a dessert bar flavoured with lemon, dessert bars on the other hand is a type of a baked item having a texture between cake and a cookie.
- 200g digestive crackers
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 40g butter, softened
- juice from 1 lemon
- In a sauce pan cook together condensed milk and butter in low heat for 5 minutes while continuously stirring.
- In a food processor place crackers and process until resembles fine crumbs.
- In a bowl combine together crumbs, desiccated coconut and 2 teaspoons lemon rind. Mix well then add the hot condensed milk and butter mixture, stir well to combine.
- Press crackers mixture in a non-stick or greased pan (6 in x 10 in) then refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a bowl combine icing sugar, butter and juice from 1 lemon, beat in slow speed until smooth.
- Spread icing on top of the pressed crackers then refrigerate for 30 more minutes until set.
- Top with lemon zest.