Beef Chop Suey is one of the many variations of chopsuey and in general this dish is considered to be one of the most popular vegetable dish in the Philippines .
Stir Fried Beef
- 300 beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 head cabbage chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large carrots sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 bunch garlic sprouts, sliced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- fish sauce
- In a bowl mix all Stir Fried Beef ingredients together, add the beef and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a wok, place in really high heat. Add oil and once it’s really hot add the marinated beef evenly spread out (if your wok is small you have to do this in two batches), leave it to cook in one side for a minute in high heat. Turn beef into the other side and cook again in high heat for a minute. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium then sauté garlic and onions on the same wok.
- Bring the heat back to high then add the cabbage, celery, garlic sprouts and cauliflower, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom, carrots and capsicums then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef and stir fry for a minute.
- Add beef stock and dissolved cornstarch, bring to a rapid boil.
- Once sauce is thick season with sugar, fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.