Shortbread cookies is a simple recipe of sugar, butter and flour, it originated in Scotland and it is popular everywhere especially in United Kingdom, Denmark, Ireland and Sweden.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- glazed fruits
- candy sprinkles
- In a mixing bowl add butter, vanilla and sugar, using a hand mixer mix it together until combined.
- Add the flour and salt into the butter mixture and continue to mix in low speed until it all comes together.
- Place into a dusted surface then flatten the dough. Place in a plastic wrap then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove from fridge and using a roller, roll dough until its 1/2 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter cut the dough and carefully place them on a baking pan lined with baking sheet. Top it with glazed fruits or candy sprinkles.
- Bake in a 170c preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges turn slightly brown.
- Let them cool prior to serving.