This Custard Cinnamon Rolls resembles the usual cinnamon roll but its filled with some custard mixture and topped with some honey coating.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp flour
- margarine, softened
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and margarine, salt, eggs, milk and yeast mixture. Once evenly mixed knead the dough in a floured board. Form into a large ball then place in a bowl covered in cling wrap. Place in a warm place and let it rise for 1 hour or until it doubled in size.
- Remove dough from the bowl, deflate and roll into a floured surface until it reaches 24 x 16 inches in dimension. The thickness should be around 1/4 inch.
- Prepare the custard by mixing together condensed milk, egg yolks and flour. Place in a sauce pan then cook in low heat until if forms a stiff but spreadable custard. Turn heat off then set aside.
- Prepare the filling by mixing brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Spread the softened margarine over the top of the flattened dough, sprinkle the cinnamon mixture, spread the custard then top with raisins and apricots.
- Now start rolling starting on the 24 inch side until the end then cut into 2 inch slices. Place in a greased pan and set it aside for 30 more minutes letting it slightly rise again.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 200C pre-heated oven.
- When rolls are cooked, glaze top with honey.