Piri Piri Chicken is a chicken dish marinated in chillies, herbs and lemon then flame grilled. One of the best chicken recipes you will ever encounter especially if you love hot dishes.
- 4 pcs chicken legs and thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from 3 lemons
- 3–6 pcs birds eye chillies, finely chopped (adjust the chillies depending on your liking)
- 1 red capsicum, seeded
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- In a blender add all of the ingredients except the chicken, blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Place in a glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 days, this allows the flavours to develop.
- Once the marinade is ready rub chicken pieces with it and leave in the refrigerator for 24 hrs.
- Prepare a charcoal barbecue and cook the chicken regularly basting it with the remaining marinade. If you don’t have charcoal barbecue you can oven grill it by baking chicken for 45 minutes on 180C then set to oven grill at 200C for 15 more minutes.