This nice and simple Salmon Teriyaki is so simple but so delicious, whats best is that the teriyaki sauce is home made. Best served with freshly steamed rice.
- 3 pcs salmon fillets
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (adjust sweetness according to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 thin slices of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion (don’t chop)
- In a sauce pan mix all ingredients together except for the cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cornstarch mixture, simmer until the consistency is thick.
- Remove ginger and onion from the sauce, and then set aside.
- Lightly season salmon with salt.
- In a large skillet add oil then once hot pan-sear salmon until all sides are browned, it will take roughly 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place in a 200C preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour teriyaki sauce on cooked salmon then serve with freshly steamed jasmine rice.
Beautiful flaky salmon and that teriyaki sauce also makes me drool as well. Great dish! Take Care, BAM
Mmm this looks so good, I posted a teriyaki chicken recipe recently, seems like we are both craving for teriyaki! 😉
Perfection on a plate.
Salmon is such an easy and delicous meal — liking the beautiful glaze on yours.
Looks wonderful! One of the best ways to prepare salmon!
This looks perfect. It’s making me drool too looking at it. 🙂
I love that such simple dishes can induce such great reactions!
That looks amazing! Never tried to make teriyaki at home! Now to find mirin and I shall attempt it 🙂
Definitely doable…I just have to go and buy salmon. I hope I’ll be able to make it look as good.
Salmon and teriyaki are a match made in flavorville haven 😉
mouth watering dish, and with how it is prepared so yummy
mouth watering dish, and with how it is prepared yummy.
It’s all time family favorite! YUM!! 😀
This is must have nemu once i stepping into a new japanese restaurant….
i usually judge the quality of the restaurant from their salmon teriyaki…..
Reblogged this on chefsoundar.
I’ve never made Teriyaki from scratch, but I think that’s going to change. This looks delicious!
Wow, eaten in restaurants but never made at home… Love your recipe! 🙂