This nice and simple Salmon Teriyaki is so simple but so delicious, whats best is that the teriyaki sauce is home made. Best served with freshly steamed rice.
- 3 pcs salmon fillets
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (adjust sweetness according to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 thin slices of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion (don’t chop)
- In a sauce pan mix all ingredients together except for the cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cornstarch mixture, simmer until the consistency is thick.
- Remove ginger and onion from the sauce, and then set aside.
- Lightly season salmon with salt.
- In a large skillet add oil then once hot pan-sear salmon until all sides are browned, it will take roughly 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place in a 200C preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour teriyaki sauce on cooked salmon then serve with freshly steamed jasmine rice.