Prawn and Cashew Vindaloo is a type of Indian curry dish made out of prawns and cashews, vindaloo in general is regarded as a very hot and spicy dish so have a glass of water by your side when you try this.
- 500g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cashew
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, ground
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 6 pcs green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- In a pan add oil and then cook onions until soft.
- Add the turmeric, mustard seeds and chilli powder, continue to cook until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, desiccated coconut, honey and green chillies, bring it to a boil then simmer for two minutes.
- Add the prawns and cashew then simmer until prawns are cooked, it will take roughly around 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar then season with salt. Turn heat off then serve garnished with cilantro.