Fried Egg with Black Fungus and Shrimps is a type of Asian Omelette where eggs are infused with black fungus, prawns, carrots and spring onions.
- 4 eggs
- 1 packed cup rehydrated wood ear fungus, chopped
- 1 cup shrimps
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a non-stick wok add small amount of oil then sauté onions.
- Add the wood ear fungus then stir fry for one minute
- Add the carrots then stir fry for another minute.
- Add the shrimps and spring onions then stir fry for another minute.
- Lightly beat the eggs, salt and freshly ground black pepper, do not over beat you should be able to see some small amount of unmixed yolk and egg whites. Pour over the wok, leave it there until bottom part is cooked.
- Lightly mix and toss and cook the remaining uncooked eggs do not stir fry and over cook, eggs should still retain its moisture.
- Turn heat off, drizzle with sesame oil then serve.