This Slowly Braised Oxtail with carrots, parsnip and turnip in tomato sauce is one of the best soul food you will ever have, its so delicious and very comforting.
- 2 kg oxtails
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, roughly chopped
- 1 turnip, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season oxtails with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot add oil, turn heat on high then brown oxtails. Once browned remove oxtails then set aside.
- Bring heat to medium then sauté garlic and onions, once onions are soft add tomato paste, beef stock, water, dried thyme and bay leaves. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the oxtails into the pot bring back to a boil then simmer in low heat for 1 1/2 hour.
- Add carrots, parsnips and turnips then simmer for 45 minutes hour or until oxtails are very tender
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper