Stir Fried Prawns and Sugar Snap Peas
Some people when they are travelling they usually rely on restaurants, take aways or even street food, it is very seldom that they will cook on their own. The problem is that when you’re out of your own kitchen it is very hard to adjust with the utensils available to you as well as the cooking stove you will be using but me I don’t mind hence I will be cooking where ever I want to enjoy my favourite meal designed for my palate. That does not mean I don’t enjoy restaurants when I travel but sometime I am in dire need of cooking for my own pleasure.
This recipe is one example of what I prepared when I was in a holiday in Europe in my sisters place. If you think that it is not a challenge as I am cooking in place where there is a proper kitchen, well let me tell you that it is a big challenge as me and my sister are total opposites they don’t cook that much at their place and if they do most of it are ready to eat meals. On my first attempt I did made some stir fried noodles like this and did not find any ingredients that I am used to hence it was a failure. I also made some Filipino Style Chicken barbecue and it was a partial failure, I can’t control the flames on their barbecue burner correctly so some were burnt badly. Finally I made something simple so at this instance I made a Stir Fried Prawns and Sugar Snap Peas and at last it was a success.
- 400g prawns, shelled
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place wok in high heat then add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add red capsicum and stir fry for a minute.
- Add prawns and sugar snap peas, stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add white wine, continue to stir fry in high heat for a minute.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, turn heat off then serve.