Sizzling Teriyaki Squid is a simple dish made out of grilled squid served on a rich teriyaki sauce, it can be enjoyed as a mains or even matched with an ice cold beer as a side dish.
- 2 large fresh squid with tentacles, cleaned and scored
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a sauce pan mix all ingredients together except for the cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cornstarch mixture, simmer until the consistency is thick.
- Remove ginger and onion from the sauce, and then set aside.
- Prepare a sizzling plate by placing it on stove top on high heat.
- Cook squid in a grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove sizzling plate from the stove top.
- Place squid on sizzling plate then pour sauce on top. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds then serve while sizzling hot.
If you don’t have time to make your own teriyaki sauce at home you can buy ready-made ones in Amazon