Linguini with Chicken Ragu is an Italian dish made out of a chicken and tomato sauce served in Linguini pasta, Ragu it is a very generic definition for a meat sauce hence pasta dishes like Bolognese, Neapolitan and Barese falls in this category.
- 4 pcs boneless skinless chicken thighs, finely chopped
- 6 strips rasher bacon, chopped
- 500g linguine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Generously season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a large heavy skillet add oil then brown chicken pieces, remove from pan then set aside.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy, remove from pan then set aside.
- Add and sauté onions and garlic, add celery and carrot and cook in low heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are smooth.
- Deglaze pan with white wine then add the tomatoes, oregano, basil and bay leaves. Simmer in medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken and bacon then continue to simmer for 40 minutes, check sauce occasionally add water when it dries out, it should be thick in texture when finished.
- While waiting for the sauce, cook pasta according to instructions.
- Add the linguine to the ragu then toss to coat evenly. Serve.