Salmon and Shrimp Diablo is a fiery hot dish made out of Salmon and Shrimps cooked in tomatoes, peppers and white wine.
- 300g medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 300g salmon fillets, cut into 1 1/2 cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup cognac or brandy
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season shrimps and salmon with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a heavy pan, add oil and pan sear salmon pieces in high heat, once seared on all sides remove then set aside.
- Do the same thing with shrimps, sear in high heat and once seared on both sides remove then set aside.
- Using the same pan, still in high heat add garlic, onions and tomatoes, stir until tomatoes are soft.
- Add wine and brandy to deglaze.
- Mix in cayenne and tomato paste then bring to a boil.
- Add red capsicum, yellow capsicum and seared shrimps. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the salmon pieces, mix gently then season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper.