This Tahini and Almond Cookies are really simple, richly flavoured and very fragrant so what are you waiting for try this out as well and you will be surprised.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 150 g butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- black sesame seeds
- pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together and once it turns crumbly place them on a kneading board.
- Lightly knead the dough then shape them into logs, at this stage it will easily crumb.
- Place the logs into a cling film then tightly wrap them while forming an even cylinder with 5 cm in diameter.
- Put in the fridge and leave it there for 30-45 minutes until it’s slightly solidify but still easy to handle.
- Remove from fridge then slice them into .75 cm thick pieces.
- Place on top of a baking pan then sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top, lightly press top with fork then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool down before serving.